Future Nurse Scholarship
As part of our effort to support the healthcare industry's efforts to remedy the current nursing shortage, we've put together a scholarship available to nurses of all specialty areas.
Scholarship winners are chosen twice per year in August and January, and no applicant may be awarded more than once per year.
Applicants who are not chosen for the Fall are considered automatically for the Spring as well, but Spring applicants are not considered for the following Fall.
Applications are reset every year after the Spring winner has been chosen and are evaluated based on need, academic excellence, perseverance, circumstances, and a desire to help others.
Eligibility: Applicants must be full-time students enrolled in a regionally- or nationally-accredited institution & pursing a degree in nursing or a speciality of nursing with at least 30 completed credit hours.
- • Fall - August 1st
- • Spring - January 15th
- • Fall - September 1st
- • Spring - February 15th
- • Most recent transcripts
- • 1-page essay describing where you've been,
what motivates you, and your ultimate goals
- • Updated resume
- • Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- • Minimum of 30 completed credit hours
- • Must consent to provide a digital photo of self and short quote to be displayed on HospitalCareers if notified as the award winner
How To Apply:
• Download and complete the application below.
• Attach it and all other required documents to an email and send to email@example.com.
• Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2019 FNS Recipient
"I am so thankful to receive this scholarship. It will help benefit me for college and I am grateful for this opportunity!"
2018 FNS Recipient
"I am so excited and blessed to be chosen to receive this scholarship!"
2017 FNS Recipient
"I am beginning my second year of my nursing program at the University of Texas in Austin. By covering textbook costs and contributing to my tuition, this scholarship will help me substantially in reaching my goal of earning my Masters of Nursing and becoming a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner."
2016 FNS Recipient
"Thank you for recognizing my passion for nursing! I will use this Future Nurse Scholarship towards my nursing school tuition!"