Working Wonders. Add your Touch.
More than just a slogan, it’s something you could be a part of every day as a member of our team at HCMC. Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) is located in Downtown Minneapolis and is Minnesota's first Level 1 Trauma Center. Our Emergency Department is the largest in the state with an annual volume of more than 100,000 patient visits. HCMC records more than 325,000 patient visits annually to its primary care and specialty clinics. Learn more about Hennepin County Medical Center at www.hcmc.org.
Who We Are at a Glance:
- Minnesota’s premier Level 1 Trauma Center with many nationally recognized programs and specialties
- The third largest hospital in Minnesota, based on operating revenue
- An essential teaching hospital for doctors who go on to practice throughout the state
- A safety net hospital providing care for low-income, the uninsured and vulnerable populations, and
- A major employer and economic engine in downtown Minneapolis.
2 00 9 was the 13th consecutive year Hennepin County Medical Center has been ranked in the U.S. News publication of America’s Best Hospitals. Hennepin’s expertise in the specialty of kidney disease (ranked 49th) was recognized in this year’s publication.
Other Hospital Recognition Includes:
- Twenty-five Hennepin Faculty Associates (HFA) physicians named 2009 “Top Docs” by their peers in MSP/St. Paul magazine.
- Awarded the 2009 Safety Net Award of Merit by the National Association of Public Hospitals for the Behavioral Emergency Response Team in the Quality Improvement category.
- Awarded the 2008 President’s Award by the National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems for staff dedication and commitment to serving victims and their families following the collapse of the I-35W Bridge.
- Recognized by HealthPartners for excellent achievement in patient satisfaction in the 2008 member satisfaction survey.
- HRSA Medal of Honor winner for achieving organ donation rates of 75 percent of eligible donors in 2008, 2007 and 2006. One of only 375 hospitals nationwide.
- Recognized by Xcel Energy as a 2009 Efficiency Partner