The Division of Hematology/Oncology is seeking a skilled Staff
Research Associate to provide technical support to members of the research team
on a number of projects from the laboratory and to actively collaborate with
the Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine participating on current adoptive
cell transfer and T-cell engineering studies. Scientific job duties include
maintaining various human primary cancer cell lines, genetic engineering and
functional characterization of human and murine T cells, PCR, qPCR, Elisa and
Flow Cytometry for gene transfer experiments for preclinical related work.
Laboratory duties and responsibilities include to regularly to maintain
research records, laboratory stocks ordering supplies and consumables for
research projects, oversee lab functions maintaining optimal compressed gas
levels and proper equipment operation assisting the Lab Coordinator on maintain
proper functioning of lab equipment and facilities.
• Strong background in Molecular Biology, Cancer Cell Biology, Immunology and Immunotherapy
• Extremely well organized and highly dependable
• Highly motivated to learn new skills and techniques
• Basic laboratory skills including organization, preparing common lab reagents, pipetting and working with human primary cancer cells
• Capacity of working with minimal supervision as Staff Research Associate
• 2-years of previous laboratory expertise
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with campus departments and the public
• Ability to design and perform FACS experiments and interpreter results
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.