Under direct supervision of the Pediatrics nurse manager, the incumbent will perform the following patient care responsibilities and safety measures: assist patient with admission procedure; assist patients during transfer procedure; assist patients with discharge procedure; provide for patients' personal hygiene; assist with patients' excretory needs; assist patients with meals and nourishment; and assist in providing for patient safety and comfort measures. Provide clerical support to the Administrative Nurse of the designated unit. Transcribe Doctor's orders; verify, record, post and file information materials via manual and/or automated systems; evaluate and report data pertinent to the functioning of the patient care unit; interpret and apply medical terminology; coordinate intra-departmental communications; foster public relations; participate in meetings and continuing education.
We’re seeking a highly-skilled, self-motivated nursing professional with:
- CNA Certification required.
- BLS from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association required.
- Ability to pass an 8 hour computer data entry training course.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated nursing, PT/OT, and RT assisted tasks.
- Understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations, preferred.
- Recent ward clerk and/or appropriate clerical experience in an acute hospital environment.
- Skill in evaluating and reporting various kinds of emergent information pertinent to the functioning of an inpatient care unit.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are competing requirements and a heavy workload.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.