In this position, you will provide direct nursing care, infusion therapy and documentation to patients in the Santa Monica Extensivist and Palliative Care Clinics. Your major functions will include: patient assessment, patient evaluation, patient communication, preparation and administration of intravenous drugs, immunizations as well as patient education.
- Possession of current California RN license and BSN/MSN Degree.
- Possession of BCLS certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Obtain and maintain palliative care certification (if not at time of hire, within 1 year of being hired).
- Knowledge of the Adult patient population and practice operations.
- Knowledge of all aspects procedures and medication
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through for
multiple patient treatments on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent blood withdrawal and IV skills.
- Knowledge and skill in Central line Catheters.
- Knowledge to recognize abnormal laboratory values and
report to Physicians.
- Skill in usage of medical diagnostic equipment, as well as
working knowledge of instruments and supplies required to perform necessary
blood tests and procedures.
- Ability to accept direction from leadership and act
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative
working relationships with patients, peers, physicians and administrators.
- Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically
with patients, their families, and general public in a high volume, clinical
- Skill in performing with frequent interruptions an/or
distractions including the ability to accept equivocal circumstances and
respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain equanimity in the face of resistance, indifference, and hostility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with
sensitive and confidential information using discretion and judgment.
- Possession of PICC line certification
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.