direct supervision of the designated clinical staff member, in this role you will provide direct
patient care for diverse patient population. Works with clinic management,
administration, faculty physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, and
other clinical staff to include LVN’s and MA’s and ancillary personnel in
providing total patient care, maintaining high standards of care, and
recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms of life threatening
emergencies. Coordinate and prioritize tasks and protocols established by the
department and/or Administration.
- Possess active license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners.
- Possession of active CPR BLS from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Intravenous Therapy and Blood withdrawal certified.
- Ability to take vital signs, administer medications and obtain drug refills as needed.
- Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and report to the physician.
- Knowledge of symptomatology of common and or life threatening medical problems.
- Interpersonal skills in maintaining a cooperative working environment with the physicians, staff, and all health providers.
- Performs phlebotomy, CPR, Injections, and other skills within scope of practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, Windows computer function, computer navigation, and ability to use computerized patient care systems.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments.
- Verbal skills to effectively convey sensitive information in a courteous manner in person or on the telephone.
- Knowledge of all instruments and
supplies to perform physical examinations and/or procedures.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.