Play a key role in the delivery of world class patient care. Continuously elevate the quality of care within an award winning health system. Leverage your expertise to make a life changing difference. At UCLA Health, you can do this and more.
In this role, you will serve as a Receptionist, Technologist Assistant, Image Librarian and Scheduling Coordinator. Incumbents are responsible for a full complement of Radiology front-end processes including Reception, Image Library, Onsite Scheduling, and Technologist Assistant duties on a rotating basis. Reception duties include the registration/arrival of patients; obtain clinical information pertinent to the scheduled exams; collect cash/insurance and authorization information. Digital Librarian duties include digitization of hardcopy images; create hardcopy and/or CDs of images; and retrieve comparison studies. Scheduling duties as required for add-on and follow-up appointments. Technologist assistant duties include facilitating patient preparation, safety screening and education.
The Administrative Assistant demonstrates maximum flexibility and multitasking capabilities while working with staff as a team. Expedite CDs for patients that are waiting, handle and input Subpoenas, send images electronically according to HIPPA guidelines. Ability to rotate to existing Radiology Satellite and serve as Screener at all locations.
· Ability to adjust to changing priorities, frequent interruptions, deadlines, emergencies and heavy workload.
· Ability to establish comfortable relationships with patients and their family member(s).
· Ability to handle confidentiality issues with tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to use mathematical skills to efficiently analyze various pertinent data related to workload and finance.
· Medical terminology to a level permitting accurate preparation of scheduling patient procedures interacting with physicians, patients and staff.
· Skill in analyzing information or situations to define a problem, identify relevant concerns, formulate logical and objective conclusions and alternatives.
· Skill in quickly assimilating and retaining a large body of financial screening and patient registration information.
· Strong working knowledge of personal computers, HIS, RIS, LORAD, PACSCUBE CD Burner, Array Digitizer
· Working knowledge of hospital/billing forms and the ability to explain services and charges to patients and/or family.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.