Under the supervision of the Clinical
Research Center Administrator, you will provide coordination support for Department of
Ophthalmology Clinical Research Center. Clinical Research Center duties
include managing the daily aspects of clinical trials and maintaining study
records with a primary focus on research imaging studies and other ophthalmic
studies as assigned by the Administrator of the Clinical Research Center.
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication
skills including knowledge of medical terminology in order to establish
effective working relations with all levels of university staff, faculty,
private/federal agencies, and with patients.
- Demonstrate writing and editing skills to
complete lay language and technical documents and correspondence by given
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and the internet
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills
and the ability to work independently with minimal direction; demonstrate the
ability to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks that need to be carried
out simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new routines
quickly, to follow routines consistently, and to work under the pressure of a
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new routines quickly, to follow routines consistently, and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of general ocular anatomy.
- At least 1 year of experience performing ocular imaging.
- Knowledge of In Vivo Confocal Microscopy (IVCM)
and other corneal imaging techniques.
- Phlebotomy training, BCVA certification.
- Strong background in the medical field; knowledge of UCLA’s hospital information system.
degree in science.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.