$57842 - $68050 / year
- Position Summary
- Through the application of generally accepted accounting principles, the Senior Staff Accountant maintains the general ledger accounts, develops reporting tools, and produces/analyzes monthly financial statements. The Senior Staff Accountant will also develop and maintain financial internal controls and policies as directed.
- Additionally the Senior Staff Accountant facilitates the inter-company accounting process between Maine Behavioral Healthcare and Maine Medical Center, and participates as needed in the annual budget process. This position also provides backup support for the general accounting functions performed by the Controller, and assumes a lead role in the annual financial audits for MBH.
- The Senior Staff Accountant will possess a well-developed knowledge of both the operation and analytical elements of hospital finance, with an eye towards process improvement and revenue enhancement. In addition, this individual will assume a leadership role within the accounting department, by directly mentoring other accounting staff members, and by maintaining a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university and three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- License/Certifications: CPA/MBA preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of work experience in an accounting capacity. Prior experience with, or knowledge of, Grant Accounting and A133 audits.
MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org