Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
Under general supervision, will provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders including sleep testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care and direct patient education.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Coordinates and assumes responsibility for ensuring the delivery of safe, efficient and high quality technical services and support in the sleep lab.
- Provides patient care, appropriately operates equipment and carries out diagnostic and therapeutic interventions including but not limited to Polysomnographic Testing, CPAP Titration, and Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT).
- Documents physiological activity and abnormal readings; provides a detailed report for the physician
- Calibrates, maintains and cleans equipment used by the department
- Utilizes appropriate patient/family teaching methods and ensures education needs are met for both pre and post procedures.
- Serves as a preceptor for students and new employees
- Demonstrate adherence to scoring parameters
- Provides general oversight to Polysomnographic Technologist - Certified and Trainee staff members
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience: One (1) year of related experience.
License(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association prior to start in addition to one of the following required upon hire:
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), OR
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (If applying as an RRT must have current Oklahoma license and have passed Sleep Disorders Specialty Exam and if applying as a CRT, RRT to be obtained within 6 months.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of safety and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of sleep disorders and treatment.
- Experience operating equipment used in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
- Ability to explain technical information.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare a written report.
- Good computer skills.
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.