Senior PSR - Patient Services Representative - Obstetrics/Gynecology Clinic
OUHP Obstetrics/Gynecology Clinic
Shift: Full-Time, 8a-5p
General Description: Coordinates schedules of patients in and out-patients clinic and provides clerical assistance toward the smooth operation of the facility.
- Schedules patient appointments, either by telephone or in person
- Provides information about clinic operations
- Obtains patient demographics on new patients and updates demographics on established patients.
- Answers telephone calls and distributes to the appropriate people.
- Prepares and enters healthcare providers’ schedules into the computer.
- Coordinates schedules as directed to patient requiring multiple services.
Check In/Check Out
- Greets patients as they come into the clinic for scheduled appointments.
- Accepts payments and writes receipts.
- Totals encounter forms and inspects the form for completeness and accuracy.
- Codes procedures and diagnoses.
- Ensures the resident and faculty signatures are on the encounter form and chart.
- Copies insurance cards and distributes to the appropriate people.
- Prepares encounter forms and billing packets for patients to be seen.
- May prepare and type daily deposits.
- Balances and closes cash box daily.
- Prepares ancillary forms for other services (i.e. x-rays, vascular studies, etc.)
- Prints and faxes physician schedules to offices.
Filing and Organization
- Pulls patient charts for appointments or to file lab, x-ray, hospital information or other information into the chart.
- Copies medical records for patients and other providers or facilities.
- Files patient charts.
- Prepares inactive patient charts for storage. Maintains log of charts in storage.
- Secures charts that have been sent to storage that are needed in the clinic.
- Replaces torn charts with new covers.
- Makes up new patient charts and/or packets of information
- Prepares new patient inserts for charts.
- Requests medical records from other facilities.
Referrals and Authorizations
- Talks to patients about financial accounts.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and primary care physicians for patients.
- Secures referrals to other providers for HMO patients.
- Secures referrals from PCPs for HMO patients to be seen in the clinic.
- Collects and verifies proof of income in order to determine what sliding scale discount is appropriate, if any.
- Dispenses supplies as needed.
- Notifies appropriate person when supplies are low and need to be reordered.
- Types notes and letters for physicians as needed.
- Makes immunization cards as needed.
- Logs mail receipts according to University policy.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Communicates with patients of all ages in a professional manner at all times.
- Communicates with co-workers and employees in a manner which promotes a highly “team oriented” approach.
- Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings and education programs.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: None required.
Experience: 1.5 years of experience in customer service required, including at least 6 months in a clinical environment. OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: None required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service skills
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office tools
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.