Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Main Campus Jackson
Director Ambulatory Operations - Dermatology
To provide leadership and direction for assigned ambulatory clinics to include budget preparation and administration, strategic planning, personnel management, billing and accounts receivable, and customer service. Serves as a strategic partner on the University Physicians (UP) Administration team and works with Department Chairmen to support the goals of up practice enterprise and further the mission of The University Of Mississippi Health Care (UMHC).
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Finance, Business Administration, or related health field and four (4) years of Practice Management/Clinical Operations Management experience in a healthcare setting or equivalent education/experience.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: NA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of clinical operations. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Ability to coordinate, direct, and evaluate clinical activities. Knowledge and skills in forecasting and developing budgets. Ability to successfully manage staff. Negotiation skills. Knowledge of billing and a/r. Knowledge of medical coding. Problem solving skills.
- Oversees the clinic financial operations. Maintains fiscal accountability throughout the development, implementation, and evaluation of annual operating and capital budgets and provides administrative direction in the formulation of goals and strategic plans.
- Maintains accurate, current, and comprehensive statistical data on department operations; prepares and submits routine and special reports to management on department operations, budgetary variance, and recommended operational changes and corrections as needed.
- Monitors reimbursements and controls expenditures to achieve favorable financial outcomes. Identifies opportunities for business development to enhance reimbursement while planning for future trends within the industry including the long-range business plans and proformas to support new program proposals.
- Analyzes and monitors accounts receivables and reimbursement rates and prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Collaborates with central billing to fulfill front-end business/billing/reimbursement operations requisites and improve cash collections and flow through interpretation of payer requisites and incorporation of these into operations.
- Directs the day-to-day clinical operations to support the needs of providers, staff, and customers; to meet HR goals and objectives for staff satisfaction, recruitment, and retention. Develops policies and procedures and monitors quality and quantity of workflow to ensure that work is completed; monitors quality of department operations and recommends changes as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and policies for coding, HIPAA, Safety, Infection Control, OSHA, Clia, and other agencies as appropriate to the practice.
- Works with physicians to develop scheduling protocols for ambulatory, surgical, procedural, and other service delivery to increase productivity. Works collaboratively with medical, clinical, and other hospital staff to ensure efficient and effective patient care delivery and customer satisfaction. Addresses customer service issues promptly and involves other departments or programs as needed to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Maintains and ensures cleanliness, safety, general appearance, and working order of the facility and equipment by resolving facility issues and concerns
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to bio-hazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, frequent sitting, occasional standing, occasional twisting, and occasional walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):