IT App Systems - Pharmacy Spec
Date: Oct 28, 2022
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Corporate and Professional Jobs
Job Type: Day
Requisition ID: 880421
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Assists with the design, facilitation and implementation of an electronic medical record as it relates to the clinical area and quality patient care.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm. D degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Must have three years of pharmacy experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- Completion of a residency program and one year of experience may be substituted for three years of required experience.
- Must be a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Texas or become registered within 90 days of hire.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must possess a strong knowledge of pharmacy processes and theory.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in the processes involved in the interface between pharmacists and the information systems department to support pharmacy practice.
- Demonstrates critical thinking/problem solving skills related to patient care, pharmacy practice and the electronic medical record.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative, good change management skills, and a high level of personal motivation.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must conduct work in a highly professional manner.
- Must be able to trust and place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with word processing, spread sheet and data base management software.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Pharmacy, EMR, Healthcare Administration, Change Management, Healthcare, Management