Responsible for filming and developing routine to complex quality breast images to the standards of PHHS, State and Federal regulations.
- Must be a graduate of a JCERT accredited program or school.
- Must be a graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- Must have four years of experience in the performance of mammography to include assisting with biopsies, needle localizations and quality control.
- Must have a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification from Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) or Texas Medical Board. Incumbents whose certifications expire(d) between December 2015 and February 2016 will have until February 28, 2016 to renew.
- Must have ARRT Advanced Certification in Mammography.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card prior to hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
American Heart Association
American Red Cross Rescuer
Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Prefer successful completion of the Spanish Language Oral Skills Assessment examination prior to employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced computer skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate routine to complex positioning ability to achieve images that meet American College of Radiology criteria for appropriate views.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient-valued behaviors.
- Must be able to perform a team lift when setting up and removing moveable steps to the mobile mammography van.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Medical Technologist, Mammography, Healthcare Administration, Radiology, Healthcare