The senior network engineer will oversee the workflow involved in maintaining Parkland's enterprise network. They are responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the network infrastructure, resolving advanced support issues, and mentoring the junior-level network engineering staff. Develops systems specifications, technical implementation plans, and coordinate complex installation projects with clients and vendors without supervision. Provides support for the existing and future data, voice, and video network infrastructure to meet business objectives and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
Seven years of network infrastructure support, operations, and/or planning experience working in a multi-LAN/MAN/WAN (Local/Metro/Wide area networking) environment designing and implementing secure data, voice, and video network configurations. - In-depth understanding of networking, routing, and routed protocols. - Solid understanding of the open systems interconnection reference model (OSI) and TCP/IP protocols. - Experience with network monitoring, network diagnostic, and network/packet analytics tools. - Cisco wireless networking experience preferred. - Cisco ISE (identity services engine) experience preferred. - Cisco DNA/DNAC (Cisco Digital Network Architecture & network access control) experience preferred. - Security/Firewall appliance experience preferred. - Cisco voice, video, and call center experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or greater preferred but not required.
Skills or Special Abilities:
Along with route/switch expertise, the candidate must be a subject matter expert in one or more of the following disciplines: Cisco Voice/Video/Call Center Suites Cisco Wireless Suite Cisco Security suite
Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with people of various backgrounds effectively.
Ability to use a solutions-oriented approach toward problem-solving.
Operational understanding of complex enterprise network environments.
Must be customer service oriented.
Ability to lead complex and large projects from beginning to completion, including design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
Lead, mentor, and be a reference to other hospital staff.
Provide subject matter expert-level support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the companyÂ¿s security team.
Liaise with vendors and other IT (Information Technologies) personnel for problem resolution.
Scripting, coding, automation, or DevOps knowledge is a plus.
Ability to work independently and with a team as a team player.
Ability to interface with customers and provide technical solutions.
Takes ownership of tasks and follow-through to ensure complete resolution.
Takes a personal interest in, and personal responsibility for the quality of work performed or are associated with.
Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks.
1. Evaluates technology requirements, participates in the design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support of complex existing network systems, and make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
2. Serves as a lead worker and mentor to departmental staff. Is considered a subject matter expert and is a reference for other hospital staff.
3. Provides highly skilled technical assistance in secure data, voice and video network planning, engineering, and architecture.
4. Provides highly skilled troubleshooting and configuration for multiple technologies associated with Cisco unified collaboration product lines: video telepresence, attendant consoles, instant messaging & presence, and both digital and analog overhead speaker systems.
5. Provides highly skilled troubleshooting and configuration for multiple technologies associated with Cisco security product lines including but not limited to: Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)/Firepower, and ISE.
6. Provides highly skilled troubleshooting and configuration for multiple technologies associated with Cisco wireless product lines including but not limited to Wireless LAN Controller and ISE integration 7. Develops technical standards for projects as needed.
8. Identifies and evaluates new products and provides resolution for network problems as needed. Assists in proactively identifying network issues.
9. Interfaces with vendors to identify and recommend the purchase of hardware and software.
10. Assists in providing oversight of Network Services outsourcing partner, including review of monthly SLA (Service Level Agreements) reporting, and other operational reports as required.
11. Serves as a technical resource on network planning projects as needed.
12. Maintains a positive working relationship with management, customers, vendors, peers, and other employees to ensure that network systems function efficiently and meet users' needs.
13. Participate in network services departmental on-call rotation.
14. Create/maintain network-related documentation.
15. Contribute to problem root cause analysis processes and documentation for continual improvement.
16. Perform network maintenance and system upgrades as needed/required.
17. Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
18. Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
19. Other duties as assigned/required.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Change Management, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare, Management