Responsible for carrying out the operational responsibilities of data analysis and reporting functions for assigned area in order to assist management in the successful analysis and achievement of goals.
MINIMUM SPECIFICATONS Education
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a health related field or management information systems.
- Prefer a Master's degree in a related field.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in analysis of healthcare or business related data and information systems.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Current license or certification in area of clinical expertise may be required. Required Tests for Placement
- Must be able to successfully pass the Standard-level Microsoft Excel test, as established by Employment Services, with a minimum score of 80%.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of program evaluation methods, statistical analysis, research skills, management information systems, and strategic planning.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in personal computer usage.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of statistical analysis, database design and analysis and management information systems design and interface.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge with regard to the software application used in the assigned area.
- Prefer a working knowledge of Seagate Crystal Reports and Microsoft SQL.
- Clinical Research: Prefer a working knowledge of Velos, elRB, ERGO, Microsoft SharePoint.
- Prefer a working knowledge of statistical software, such as SPSS or an equivalent package.
- Pharmacy: Must have and maintain an EPIC training status of Proficient Self-Study or higher for the Clinical Data Model
1. Responsible for the statistical analysis and production of reports, using data from a variety of sources, for use in management and/or clinical decisions. Applies appropriate statistical and validation tools to ensure data accuracy.
2. Receives, collects, and reviews data from various sources, defines essential and required data elements to ensure records are current and valid for both reasonableness and accuracy, using knowledge and experience.
3. Interprets information used to develop reports. Performs analysis and trending reports that include graphic presentations and statistical summaries for use by management and/or clinical staff.
4. Designs, installs, implements, and evaluates existing or new database applications, tables, and files. Recommends improvements as needed.
5. Maintains status of assigned tasks and provides feedback to management to ensure proper priorities are maintained and that management is aware of project issues.
6. Responsible for the application development and support of custom software tools used within assigned department.
7. Responsible for designing and maintaining departmental databases used for reporting and analysis. Responsible for departmental system support where applicable. Identifies and recommends improvements in the departments data storage and reporting capabilities.
8. Directs the day-to-day operations and utilization of the database system, maintaining its integrity, including performance tuning and monitoring, back-up, and recovery. Isolates and resolves problems affecting database as whole or in part.
9. Interacts with department staff regarding data requirements, data needs, the preparation of data analysis reports and follow-up concerning deadlines and priorities to ensure department data needs are revised and up to date.
10. Serves as a technological resource to assigned department, providing ongoing support to management on new technology applications, hardware, telecommunications, and software as needed. May represent the department in cross campus initiatives to link/interface data hardware and software programs.
11. Works with management team to implement new projects and directives. Monitors and reports the results of project or directive implementation to management.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Statistics, Patient Care, Data Modeler, Medical Research, Data, Healthcare