Lead person responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary and orderly environment within the Nutrition Services Department.
Must have five years experience in food service sanitation functions.
Must have a certificate of completion of a food handler training course accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and/or the Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS) or must obtain one within sixty (60) days of placement in the role.
Skills or Special Abilities
Must be able to read, write, and follow instructions.
Must have knowledge of food service and related job duties and be able to follow proper sanitation procedures.
Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers
1. Serves as a resource and lead person to Nutrition Specialist for sanitation and production control to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group activities, while providing optimal service to internal and external customers. Sets priorities as needed and demonstrates skill in problem solving.
2. Provides relief for production workers such as the Cooks and Bakers, and others. Maintains working knowledge of both patient and cafeteria services in the Nutrition Services Department to ensure continuance of satisfactory service delivery in emergencies and staffing shortages. Appropriately trains new employees. Provides input to evaluations of assigned personnel.
3. Analyzes the design of Nutrition production jobs, work flows, work processes, etc. and recommends and/or implements appropriate change to improve or maintain effectiveness customer service, productivity and efficiency that support the overall goals of Nutrition Services and Parkland.
4. Stocks supplies within the kitchen area. Assists with restocking or replenishing food supplies during meal services to assure optimal service delivery for internal and external customers of the Hospital and Parkland.
5. Assures the cleaning and sanitizing of utensils, cleaning of work areas, sweeping and mopping of floors, and collecting and disposing of trash in accord with policies, procedures, and work schedules to ensure that all Nutrition Services food preparation and delivery is maintained in a sanitary and safe manner.
6. Assists with special functions and catered services.
7. Ensures self education by attending mandated inservice educational sessions and reading or studying materials that are applicable to Nutrition Services. Integrates this knowledge as appropriate into the job. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
8. Demonstrates new sanitation equipment and products to sanitation crew for implementation into department processes.
9. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the Nutrition Services area. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nutrition, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare