Provides direct support to pharmacists and pharmacy staff in preparing orders, packaging and labeling, tracking inventory, maintaining records, cashiering/payment collections and performing clerical duties.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Prefers experience in prior pharmacy technician health system roles such as inpatient pharmacy, IV/Infusion pharmacy, retail pharmacy, mail order pharmacy, and/or pharmacy repackaging.
- Current Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification by exam from the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCE) or the National Healthcare Association (ExCPT) is preferred.
- Must have current registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Failure to pass examination or comply with primary requirements will result in termination or the opportunity to apply for a posted non-pharmacy technician position with Parkland.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of a PC, and be able to learn and use new software.
- Must be able to pass Pharmacy math and spelling test with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must successfully complete the necessary training requirements to perform cashier duties within 90 days from initial employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills for area of responsibility.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills in the operation of equipment used in primary practice area.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of different types of drugs.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of medical and health care terminology.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued care.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Pharmacy Tech, Clerical, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Pharmacy, Healthcare, Administrative