Under the direction of the WHCRU Administrative Director, you will function as a member of the Women's Health Clinical
Unit in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. In this role, you
will work with the PI, Sub-Investigators, research personnel and
hospital staff (collectively, the Study Team) to serve as Study
Coordinator and Data Manager for research studies by assuring compliance
with all aspects of individual studies.
You will be responsible
for ensuring that protocol procedures have been completed accurately,
safely, and in a timely manner. This
includes the responsibility for
research assessment and patient intervention under the supervision of
the Principal Investigator (PI).
All relevant regulatory and Good
Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines must be adhered to in addition to
ensuring the timely coordination
and completion of study related procedures for which the coordinator is responsible. Further, this position requires that the
individual participate in patient recruitment and enrollment, data collection, source documentation, quality assurance, drug
and review, regulatory submissions of events as needed, protocol
dissemination to health care professionals (via in-services and
meetings), patients and family members.
- Demonstrated clinical research experience, with basic knowledge of women’s health,
including working knowledge of good clinical practices for clinical research.
- Ability to work in more than one environment, travel to participating hospitals, and attend
off site staff meetings, conferences, and investigator meetings.
- Ability to work efficiently and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle multiple clinical research projects for
efficiency and cost-effectiveness, including handling work delegated by more than one individual.
- Experience in performing evaluations and interventions under the direction of the Principal
Investigator with acutely ill oncology patients using strong clinical judgment and up to date
- Excellent English verbal and writing communication skills to convey and obtain information
to and from investigators, patients, families, sponsors and co-workers.
- Demonstrated computer skills using Word, Excel, e-mail, University’s Medical Record System,
CRMS and databases to create reports, correspondence, and other documents as required.
- Skill in preparation of accurate and timely annual reports and statistical information on all
protocols, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in area of clinical research.
- Knowledge of the UCLA School of Medicine and hospital patient care processes.preferred
- Experience with maintaining clinical trial case report forms and proper reports based on study
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel between department clinics and research sites, as
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing complex research requirements and
departmental standard operating procedures with study team members
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.