Scarborough Primary Care – Internal Medicine
Maine Medical Partners – Scarborough Primary Care is recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) to join our Scarborough practice to provide primary care services, such as assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating and educating patients. Work closely with providers in a collaborative team approach to patient care.
Maine Medical Partners, a MaineHealth member & department of Maine Medical Center, is a respected group of primary care and specialty medical practices.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Current nursing license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program.
- BSN required; MSN preferred.
- Minimum three years of professional nursing experience.
- Two years of Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant experience preferred but not required.
- Current BLS certification.
- Knowledge of advanced practice of nursing, professional nursing theory, practices and regulations related to evaluating and providing patient care, and professional ethics related to the delivery of nursing care.
- Knowledge of patient assessment techniques including taking medical histories, performing physicals, evaluating health status, including state of wellness and compliance with care recommendations.
- Skill in case management, time management, problem solving, crisis intervention, multitasking and other organizational matters.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within scope of NP Practice.
- Ability to educate patients, families, and staff in user-friendly manner.
- Strong computer skills with skill in using computerized health information management system.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, clinical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.