Semel Institute is seeking to hire a Staff Research Associate 1. In this role you would be responsible for:
A. Assist with Project Coordination and Program Liaison (25%)
1. Schedule and set-up in-person and teleconferenced project meetings between UCLA, project collaborators and sites.
2. Attend regular meetings between UCLA, project collaborators and/or sites.
3. Take minutes and distribute minutes to attendees.
4. Communicate with collaborators and sites on project activities.
5. Work collaboratively with UCLA, project collaborators or sites.
6. Establish and maintain rapport with project collaborators or sites.
7. Assist with site visits (e.g., in-person or virtual) to sites to assess project progress or status.
8. Prepare summaries documenting the progress and outcome of site visits.
B. Conduct interviews with research participants and review and
code other data collection activities (20%)
1. Conduct structured and semi-structured interviews and surveys in person (at ISAP offices, in the field including incarcerated settings, when needed) or by telephone or video conference.
2. Administer standardized instruments and tests as trained and according to manualized instruction.
3. Track, locate, re-contact and schedule research participants.
4. Recruit, screen and schedule prospective research participants for interviews.
5. Collect urine samples and coordinate urine testing, when needed.
6. Maintain files/records/databases related to participant status and data collection.
7. Maintain confidentiality of research participant data and interactions in all communication modes.
8. Assist with payments of participants.
C. Assist with presentation/report/manuscript/proposal preparation and submission (10%)
1. Assist with developing posters and presentations such as preparing tables, figures, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
2. Assist with literature searches and maintenance of reference databases
3. Assist with literatures reviews and summaries of data findings
4. Assist with descriptive data analysis, as needed
5. Assist with the submission of journal and proposal submissions on the behalf of the PIs, as needed
D. Assist with creation of database(s), data entry, data extractions, screening and coding interviews, other computer tasks, and coding quality control efforts (20%)
1. Assist with developing and maintaining data platforms, tools, database(s) and files.
2. Review data to ensure completion/logic, assess for errors, and missing information
3. Assist with coding open-ended questions using previously developed codes.
4. Enter data into data platform(s)
5. Assist with data extraction
6. Assist in identifying and correcting data errors as well as maintain documentation of data corrections
7. Attend and contribute to staff meetings and regular project meeting
E. Administrative tasks (25%)
1. Work collaboratively with project staff to complete project tasks, problem-solve and achieve identified goals and objectives.
2. Utilize time management skills (e.g., goal-setting, planning, managing competing priorities, etc.) and complete tasks in an appropriate amount of time.
3. Detailed oriented with regards to study related processes and documentation, as well as, administrative related tasks (e.g., notes, tables, agendas, presentations, etc.).
4. Communicate effectively with project staff as well as internal and external collaborators.
5. Assist with developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and manuals.
6. Assist with maintaining study procedure documentation
7. Maintain orderly and accurate files and project documentation
8. Assist in requesting administrative data from various sources such as the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
9. Assist with human subjects’ documentation and applications to Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and Data Safety and Monitoring Boards (DSMB).
10. Attend and contribute to staff and project meetings.
11. Maintain meeting notes and distribute action items.
12. Arrange and schedule project-related travel for research team.
13. Maintain logs of study materials and equipment to ensure proper tracking of research materials.
14. Assist with documentation of participant payment.
15. Prepare and submit purchase order requests.
16. Comply with HIPAA and Confidentiality and Procedures as they apply to the job.
17. Maintain project collaborator and site email and mailing lists.
18. Assist in other research tasks as needed
19. Conduct general day-to-day tasks, including answering phones and responding to emails, creating presentations, maintaining inventory of supplies, reviewing and verifying survey and/or interview data, and other miscellaneous office support as needed by PIs/project director and associates.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.