ResponsibilitiesIn this position, you will provide administrative and patient care support in the Ambulatory and Community Practice. You will assist in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic, from registration to discharge and work as a member of the Ambulatory Care clinic team to provide smooth outpatient flow resulting in optimum patient satisfaction and clinic operation. Qualifications
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with physicians and staff in a high volume setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments
- Skill in efficiently and accurately facilitating the appointment making process, including transportation arrangements and maintain sub-specialty physician schedules
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate multiple appointments with staff from many clinical services at the UCLA Medical Center
- Skill in using a PC with associated programs including Word, Excel, and Email
- Skill in demonstrating work experience with a database computer program
- Knowledge of major medical insurance plans and types of coverage provided
- Knowledge of medical terminology
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.