In this role, you will serve as a
receptionist and provide administrative and clerical support for the UCLA
Simulation Center and the leadership team. You will be responsible for
coordinating and scheduling all aspects of meetings, supporting onsite and
remote events and courses, corresponding with visitors and vendors, setting up
meeting rooms, tracking attendance and activities, maintaining and ordering materials
and supplies, preparing and managing
files and documents, assisting with program activities and other duties to
facilitate training and research at the Simulation Center. In addition, you will provide administrative support for new projects and programs
that involve the Sim Center Directors.
- Demonstrated skill in operating PC and Mac computers with high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) to prepare documents and correspondence with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ability to use a variety of office equipment including photocopiers, fax machines, printers, and AV equipment for presentations, etc.
- Ability to learn and master new applications including learning management systems and procurement portals.
- Meticulous organizational skills to keep materials in order, track various projects, maintain files, etc.
- Agility to move from one task to another based on changing priorities and frequent interruptions, anticipating possible problems and solutions and following through on assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to exchange information accurately with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Ability to interpret established policies, regulations, and procedures and make decisions based on the information.
- Ability to stand, climb, stoop, push, crouch, and carry up to 30 lbs and transport packages and other materials to/from on- and off-campus sites.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.