ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you will participate in total patient care in the ambulatory setting, recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms and life threatening emergencies. Act as a staff person in the office, assisting in patient care, and maintain high standards of care in the community offices. Under the direct supervision of the clinic manager, you will take the role of back office lead. Provide direct patient care for diverse patient population within the practice. Work with clinic management, administration, faculty physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, and other clinical staff to include LVNs and MAs and ancillary personnel. Will independently coordinate and prioritize tasks and protocols established by the department. Qualifications
- Possess active license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners with IV therapy and blood withdrawal
- Possession of active CPR BLS from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Intravenous Therapy and Blood withdrawal certified
- Ability to take vital signs, administer medications and obtain drug refills as needed.
- Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and report to the physician.
- Knowledge of symptomatology of common and or life threatening medical problems.Interpersonal skills in maintaining a cooperative working environment with the physicians, staff, and all health providers.
- Performs phlebotomy, CPR, Injections, and other skills within scope of practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, Windows computer function, computer navigation, and ability to use computerized patient care systems.
- Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments
- Verbal skills to effectively convey sensitive information in a courteous manner in person or on the telephone
- Knowledge of all instruments and supplies to perform physical examinations and/or procedures
- 6+ months of experience
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.