The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior is seeking to hire a part-time Clinical Specialist to join the Operation Mend Intensive Treatment Program. You will provide family-centered approach to care to Operation Mend Patients and families participating in the intensive treatment program. You will provide clinical care and support services as well as community education and innovative research to ITP participants. Primary duties include:
- Provide trauma informed/evidence based treatment
- Provide treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Provide treatment for traumatic brain injury
- Conducting individual and group trauma informed interventions
- Facilitate and prepare materials intervention sessions
- Assist multidisciplinary team in psychodiagnostics appraisals and facilitation of intake and assessment protocols and structured sessions with patients and their families
- Assist in organizing, structuring, and conducting individual and group intervention sessions
- Complete required clinical documentation and electronic data entry
- Other duties as assigned
Licensed MFT or Licensed MSW.
Experience in the area of military, veterans, family, trauma, prevention and/or research
Experience delivering trauma informed behavioral interventions to clients in individual and particularly group settings.
Experience working successfully in a team environment.
Ability to work effectively and closely with other members of the clinical and research teams.
Skill in developing rapport with individuals and families from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to administer assessment protocols.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and report to supervisors and leadership on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
Must have valid driver’s license, auto insurance and access to an automobile.
Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends)
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.