As a Dietetic Assistant in this area, you will identify and interpret complex feeding orders, create formula
recipes, mix breast milk and formulas, and deliver product. Excellent understanding of food safety principles is expected in this role. Our ideal candidate will have experience in milk formula preparation and handling in a healthcare setting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform menu modification to coincide with most recent diet prescription
- Support the Eating Disorder program using Computrition
specialized formulas and breast milk fortification
and store formulas in unit refrigerators
inventory, maintains par level and restocks as needed
formula recipes accurately
daily formula preparation log
- Must be skilled in using
thermometers, liquid measuring equipment such as graduated cylinders, baby
bottles, and syringes, calculator, cart for transporting of formula, Gram Scale, and
- Experience modifying patients' nutrition menus.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Knowledge of basic math for weights and
- Ability to communicate effectively and
- Demonstrate computer literacy.
to demonstrate strong verbal and written skills.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.