For a limited time MaineHealth is offering sign on bonuses for Medical Assistants:
0-1 years of experience eligible for $4,000 (full time)
1+ years of experience eligible for $5,000 (full time)
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time MA position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
If you got into healthcare to make a meaningful difference in people's lives, MaineHealth should be where you call home. We are hiring immediately for a full-time (40 hours per week) Medical Assistant where you’ll find more than just a job – you’ll make a meaningful difference.
Why join us?
We can offer you an unmatched opportunity for career goals without compromising your quality of life. We are proud to offer all the great benefits you’d expect from a healthcare leader:
- Education, training opportunities and resources that support professional growth
- Growth opportunities (typical career progression from this role would be moving to an LPN or Registered Nurse).
The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based environment. The MA will assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, including administrative support, while promoting a smooth flow of patients through the office and helping to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. The Entry Level MA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Completes continuing education and/or successfully completes re-certification exam as required to maintain Certification. Successfully completes LH’s annual education and competency requirements.
- License/Certifications: Current CNA certificate, or MA certification through an NCCA accredited program preferred. See also "Experience" and "Education"
- Experience: At least 1 year experience as Medical Assistant and National Healthcare Association Clinical Medical Assistant Certification, American Medical Technology’s Registered Medical Assistant, or current AAMA Certification (Certification required as per CMS credentialed Medical Assistant ruling.) Demonstrated knowledge of medical office procedures. Knowledge of medical terminology. Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, and applications with necessary typing or computer skills.
- Current employees who have completed probationary period: Meets or exceeds skills as measured on annual performance appraisal; No verbal warnings within past 6 months; No written disciplinary actions within past year.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers; ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.