Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus!
For a limited time MaineHealth is offering sign on bonuses for LPNs:
- 0-1 years of experience eligible for $5,000 (full time)
- 1-3 years of experience eligible for $7,500 (full time)
- 3+ years of experience eligible for $10,000 (full time)
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time LPN position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
- Excellent work/life balance in an outdoor enthusiasts’ dream location! If you are seeking a change of pace, consider this opportunity at our critical-access hospital, with a friendly close-knit vibe, located in New Hampshire’s White Mountains region.
- Join a close-knit, friendly team at Memorial Hospital’s Merriman House, long term care nursing home!
- Part time, three 8-hour shifts per week. This position is primarily on day shift, however evening shifts may be required on occasion.
- Exceptional benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability, paid time off, paid family leave, retirement, tuition assistance, and more!
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) coordinates total nursing care for Merriman House residents, as appropriate and within scope of nursing practice. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: See “License/Certifications.”
- License/Certifications: Active New Hampshire LPN license. Current BCLS preferred.
- Experience: Prior experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
- Proficient computer skills
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.
Additional Information MaineHealth was ranked one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.