For a limited time MaineHealth is offering a $1,200 sign on bonus:
Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time position. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
This is a float position at Mid Coast in Brunswick.
The hours are: Thursday to Saturday 11:00AM - 7:30PM, but ability to flex hours is expected and will float between Patient Access Departments. *Weekends/holidays are a requirement.
The Patient Registration Representative is responsible for registering Inpatient, Outpatient, and Emergency Department patients as needed. They are also responsible for multiple quality assurance functions, maintaining the accuracy and confidentiality of patient information, and flow of patients and their information.
- Obtains signatures, verifies identification and insurance eligibility, obtains copies of insurance cards and completes forms as required by state and federal regulations.
- Admits patients and transfers appropriate paperwork.
- Involves interactions with doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel that requires strict patient confidentiality.
- Assists patients with handling clerical problems and resolving any issues such as adding new insurance information.
- Hospital will provide extensive on-the-job training regarding our policies and procedures and knowledge of basic medical terminology will be trained.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential, as well as empathy for people in crisis.
- This person should be able to handle multiple tasks at once, prioritize work and manage interruptions easily.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School graduate preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A.
- Experience: One (1) year of related experience. Experience in healthcare setting preferred. Experience in customer relations.
- Accurate data entry skills.