Health Unit Coordinator - Days-Part-Time
Under general supervision, performs routine clerical and receptionist duties within a patient care unit.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Organizes, prepares and maintains patient medical records and files.
- Ensures that documents are properly labeled, posted and contain current information for billing purposes and medical record maintenance.
- Transcribes orders of physicians and nurses; keep nurses informed of any changes in orders relating to patient care; schedule tests, treatments and services required of ancillary departments.
- Provides receptionist type coverage for the area: handle routine patient calls, intercom pages, personal callers, route incoming mail and answer routine inquiries.
- Assists with admissions, transfers and discharges by coordinating, notifying and following-up with the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains or arranges for repair of equipment.
- Works with medical records in obtaining medical charts for patients.
- Assists with inventory needs, ordering, stocking, and distribution of supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience: One (1) year clerical experience that involved some customer service responsibilities
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
License(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required: None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be able to work well with others and maintain a professional attitude when dealing with customers. Must be well organized, good in tracking details and skilled at problem solving. Excellent communication skills, both written and orally. Typing/keyboarding skills sufficient to meet the requirements of the position. Some Computer skills.
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.