Senior Treasury Analyst
General Description: The Senior Treasury Analyst will be responsible for undertaking the day-to-day operation of the Treasury tasks and prepares multiple analysis of the monthly financial statements based on volumes and other key metrics compared to budget and historical trends. As a Financial Analyst you will assist and provide analytical support and analysis in the development, monitoring and administration of OU Medicine Finance and Treasury departments. This position reports to the Director of Treasury.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Determine variance of actual cash collection versus estimated cash collection based on hindsight review of detail patient accounting payment history and propose adjustment to revenues
- Analyze expenses by financial statement code, by department, by sub-account, and by period to provide explanations to leadership regarding variances to budget and historical trends.
- Monitor cash forecasting and cash flow analysis
- Manage daily cash positioning and daily financial transactions
- Initiate ACH/Wire transactions (operations and debt payments)
- Assist in Debt, Investment and Compliance activities as required
- Provide support to Point of Sale sites and Business Office for deposit needs and problem resolution
- Assist Management in implementation of process, policy, and procedural changes
- Develop and present recommendations to management on process improvements related to cash management operations
- Support merchant processing card program, including document preparation and audit
- Provide guidance on how to automate and improve processes
- Document policies and procedures
- Actively engage with leadership regarding project limitations and challenges to ensure timelines are met and data analysis provided meets the leaders’ information needs.
- Perform ad hoc variance analysis based on leadership and project needs as determined and actively work with leadership regarding data and project specifics of requests and analysis
- Support Accounting with documentation support, General Ledger Entries, process improvement, and the automation of processes concerning cash management
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Finance or related field
Experience: 3 + year work experience in Finance
License(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required: None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General understanding of all aspects of Hospital finance, with an emphasis on understanding the patient accounting structure
- Robust problem solving skills, ability to identify issues and resolve discrepancies
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.