Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Main Campus Jackson
Administrative Assistant III - Family Medicine - FT
Provides specialized administrative support, usually for a director or higher level position. Works collaboratively with other members of the department to proactively address both patient and organizational needs. Serves as a work-lead (non-supervisory) for other departmental clerical staff.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree plus one (1) year of directly related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to understand and implement departmental policies and procedures. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with team members and department heads. Knowledge and understanding of typical computer systems, tools and programs. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to type 35 words per minute. Department may specify higher typing requirements.
- Receives and responds to specialized correspondence following generally established procedures with limited managerial oversight.
- Compiles and analyzes various types of information for inclusion in reports and/or presentations (using graphical software, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Answers telephones, takes messages, refers calls, and frequently resolves general and more complex caller needs (within established guidelines) without managerial oversight.
- Provides work direction to other departmental clerical staff.
- Works closely with departmental management on special projects, and in many cases takes a lead role.
- Schedules meetings as directed, to include room reservation, material preparation, and food service if needed.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional reaching, frequent standing, constant twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):