We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health and discover your future today!This job provides security for patients, guests and employees as assigned; enforces Ochsner (OHS) policies and procedures; and performs assigned duties that ensure the security of patients, guests, and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Required - 1 year Security, law enforcement, or military experience.
Required - Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Valid Louisiana driver’s license and clean DMV report
Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI), and firearms training.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Enforces all OHS safety and security rules, regulations, and policies on OHS property.
• Conducts routine inspections of OHS on-site and off-site locations.
• Investigates accidents and other incidents which are assigned and reports all occurrences in a timely manner.
• Performs opening/lockdown of all buildings as approved by Administration and performs other safety and security related duties as assigned.
• Participates in emergency response and related preparedness drills.
• Maintains required annual certifications and completes training requirements within required time periods.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health does not consider an individual an applicant until they have formally applied to the open position on this careers website.
Individuals who reside in and will work from the state of Colorado are not eligible for remote work position.
Ochsner Health endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Solution Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.