Under the general supervision of the office manager, schedule and coordinate all follow-up appointments and cancellations, schedule research visits based on study schedules and schedule all infusion appointments based on length of treatment and nurse to patient ratio. Block MD and treatment schedules in CareConnect when requested. Ensure valid authorization is obtained and attached to appointment; Complete demographics in CareConnect, coordinate referrals with other offices, including outside home health care, constantly monitor and handle CareConnect In-Basket and email messages, print After Visit Summaries. . Work very closely with the Patient Communication Center, the physician liaisons, all providers, charge nurse in infusion and Clinical Research Coordinators. . Provide back up administrative support and triage calls.
- Typing skills to prepare forms, manuscripts, and correspondence with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to follow proper channels of policy & procedures, communication and work standards.
- Skill to organize tasks to facilitate smooth work/patient flow.
- Knowledge to schedule patients for referrals to specialists.
- Demonstrate ability to be punctual and maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
- Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency.
- Skill in maintaining a harmonious work atmosphere, practicing excellent customer service.
- Sill in speaking and writing clearly and using proper grammar.
- Knowledge to schedule patient appointments and encounter patients using the Care Connect Appointment Scheduling.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.