Take on an executive-level role within a world-class academic medical center. Help advanced the future of medical education and clinical research. Take your career to the next level. You can do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As a key member of the senior leadership team within the world-renowned David Geffen School of Medicine, you will provide high-level administrative oversight for the Department of Radiology. This position involves leading and directing a wide range of functions for this research-intensive department with an annual budget of over $200m, including $204m in revenue from clinical services and $14m in revenue from sponsored projects. The Department maintains 170 faculty members and over 500 staff members engaged in providing or supporting clinical care and research.
By ensuring the successful and efficient operation of this complex academic department, you will optimally position us for strong growth and continued medical advancements. You will be a strategic partner to the Department Chair and the Sr. Associate Dean for Finance and Administration while also serving as the public face of the department. You will:
· Provide strategic planning expertise
· Manage operations
· Ensure financial viability of the department
· Develop, implement and maintain an infrastructure in support of department operations and academic missions
· Lead and mentor an exceptional, multidisciplinary team
We’re seeking an exceptionally gifted, experienced, and visionary leader with:
· Master’s degree in business, healthcare administration, public health or related field strongly preferred
· Seven years of managerial experience, including financial/budget preparation
· Five years of supervisory experience
· Proven strategic leadership, planning and change management skills in a highly matrixed environment
· Background in a research-intensive administrative role. strongly preferred
· Exceptional diplomacy, persuasion and influencing abilities
· Outstanding interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills
· Proven success in establishing a culture of integrity and accountability
· Advanced financial planning, analysis and decision support expertise
· In-depth knowledge of industry standards, trends and regulatory requirements
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.