The Immunogenetics Laboratory is seeking to hire a Per Diem Clinical Laboratory Scientist to assist with Clinical Testing and High Volume Testing. In this key position, you will perform high complexity histocompatibility testing requiring serological techniques involving lymphocyte isolation and separation; microcytotoxicity testing; serum processing; cross-matching; and antibody testing using Luminex. Additionally, you will participate in Transplant on-call and weekend rotations.
• A current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical Histocompatibility Scientist license
• Experience and background in Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) and blood bank, preferred
• Background in molecular methods, reference ranges, test methodologies, instrument operation/maintenance as well as CAP and other regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of relevant disease states in order to communicate significance of test results
• Ability to perform testing, documentation, interpretation, and report preparation for ongoing R&D and method development projects
• Must be a strong team player
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.