Take on a significant role within a world-class health organization. Elevate the operational effectiveness of a complex health system. Take your professional expertise to the next level. You can do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As a Health Information Coder for our Medical Group, you will handle a variety of vital responsibilities, including:
· Reviewing physicians’ notes to determine if documentation requirements are met
· Extrapolating and Applying surgical codes as applicable across anatomical subsections for general coding in work queues.
· Analyzing medical documentation to assess accuracy
· Entering charges in EPIC
· Identifying and reporting any potential compliance risks
We’re seeking a self-directed, detail-oriented professional with:
· Current CPC certification, must have been certified a minimum of 2 years
· Additional specialty certification a plus
· Minimum of 2 years of pro fee coding experience is required
· 3 or more years surgical and/or evaluation and management experience preferred
· Experience as Medical Record Abstractor
· Detailed knowledge of Medical Terminology and its application
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding systems
· Working experience with 2021 E&M guidelines preferred
· Knowledge of CMS and local carrier regulations and guidelines for teaching hospital preferred
· Computer proficiency with MS Office
· Superior ability to research coding guidelines and payor policies a must
· Previous Epic or Cerner experience preferred
Note: Skills may be subject to assessment
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.