Play a key role in the delivery of world class patient care. Continuously elevate the quality of care within an award winning health system. Leverage your expertise to make a life changing difference. At UCLA Health, you can do this and more.
In this role, you will serve as a Receptionist, Technologist Assistant, Image Librarian and Scheduling Coordinator. Incumbents are responsible for a full complement of Radiology front-end processes including Reception, Image Library, Onsite Scheduling, and Technologist Assistant duties on a rotating basis. Reception duties include the registration/arrival of patients; obtain clinical information pertinent to the scheduled exams; collect cash/insurance and authorization information. Digital Librarian duties include digitization of hardcopy images; create hardcopy and/or CDs of images; and retrieve comparison studies. Scheduling duties as required for add-on and follow-up appointments. Technologist assistant duties include facilitating patient preparation, safety screening and education.
The Administrative Assistant demonstrates maximum flexibility and multitasking capabilities while working with staff as a team. Expedite CDs for patients that are waiting, handle and input Subpoenas, send images electronically according to HIPPA guidelines.
· Ability to adjust to changing priorities, frequent interruptions, deadlines, emergencies and heavy workload
· Ability to establish comfortable relationships with patients and their family member(s)
· Ability to handle confidentiality issues with tact and diplomacy
· Ability to use mathematical skills to efficiently analyze various pertinent data related to workload and finance
· Medical terminology to a level permitting accurate preparation of scheduling patient procedures interacting with physicians, patients and staff
· Skill in analyzing information or situations to define a problem, identify relevant concerns, formulate logical and objective conclusions and alternatives
· Skill in quickly assimilating and retaining a large body of financial screening and patient registration information
· Strong working knowledge of personal computers, HIS, RIS, LORAD, PACSCUBE CD Burner, Array Digitizer
· Working knowledge of hospital/billing forms and the ability to explain services and charges to patients and/or family
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.