Supply Chain Technician
The Supply Chain Technician is responsible for keying, and promptly putting away all supplies within the OR, reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max inventory levels, picking scheduled surgical cases, as well as emergency supply requests. The Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of all POU areas.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Receives, delivers, and puts-away all supplies in an accurate and timely manner, accurately keys receiving into the SMART system, and delivers to appropriate department(s), and performs QA random checks on totes per approved policy, ensuring there is always adequate stock levels for the POU or PAR location.
- Picking both scheduled and emergent surgical cases, pulls supplies for POUs or PAR locations.
- Authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drug-containing devices relative to core competencies of the position.
- Performs inventory management for the POU or PAR locations. Evaluates the appropriate Min/Max levels, reviews Min/Max for storeroom stock daily and places orders appropriately. Counts par level areas according to schedule and assigned areas.
- Processes returns appropriately per approved policy.
- Ensures POU and PAR location bins have the appropriate barcodes, rotates stock to ensure no items are out of date, reacts appropriately to critical lows and stock outs. Ensures that there are no expired products on any POU or PAR location.
- Ensures that the POU and PAR areas are free from dirt, dust and trash.
- Works flexible, rotating shifts when required.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: Previous stock clerk or inventory management experience is helpful. Some hospital supply experience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Working knowledge of hospital supplies
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.