Inventory Control Analyst
This position is accountable for managing assigned inventories through daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cycle counts, annual physical counts, requisitioning replenishments, seeking alternative sources and materials when necessary, maintaining communication with supported customers, monitoring supplies usage, and removing and disposing of obsolete or outdated products. The IC Analyst organizes and leads staff in conducting periodic inventory counts, adjusts quantities and locations when necessary, and records and reports discrepancies to management. Is accountable for the implementation of the OU Health Supply Chain Operations strategy under the direction of the Admin Manager, Inventory Control and entity Supply Chain leadership.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Responsible for the management of all perpetual and par inventories as well as specific periodic inventories, supplies received, stored, and issued at OU Health entities as directed. In many instances, the position will serve in clinical areas (OR, Cath Lab, etc.), ensuring inventory control policies and procedures are properly implemented while working closely with clinical staff to provide excellent patient care.
- Provides day-to-day accountability for supply inventories, monitoring volumes, flow, and sourcing. The IC Analyst will provide oversight for inventory related projects and assignments. The IC Analyst may lead work on behalf of the supervisor or as directed by management.
- Applies correct cycle count and other standard operations procedures.
- Analyzes product usage and adjusts inventory levels as appropriate to optimize inventory levels at the entity.
- Anticipates supply needs and communicates potential interruptions to Manager/Supervisor and customers.
- Monitors all additions, deletions, and changes to main stores and to unit PAR locations and works closely with departments prior to and during product conversions.
- Evaluates and analyzes bulk buy discount opportunities in order to procure product at a discounted rate, when deemed financially appropriate upon completion of a thorough analysis
- Maintains current Materials Management Information System supplies database in conjunction with System Supply Chain Management database management teams.
- Functions as Information Services Liaison for training users in current electronic requisition system.
- Maintains and monitors distribution statistics. Creates and submits monthly reports and others, as requested.
- Independently makes decisions and takes action regarding supply shortages, keeping management informed, and/or makes recommendations based upon analysis of information.
- Performs causative research and reconciliation prior to preparing reports.
- Assists in all patient supply product evaluations.
- Assists in development of departmental policies and procedures, in coordination with Supervisors and Managers.
- Represents the entity on product committees and other committees, as directed.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of automated point-of-use (POU) systems
- Assists leadership in managing various inventory control projects.
- Ensures appropriate Internal Control processes are in place across the procurement cycle functions and are promulgated throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for working with key operational stakeholders within OU Health as well as their Supply Chain peers within specific entities to include participating in and partnering with others on OU Health Operations operational improvement efforts and programs ensuring a compliant, effective, and streamlined operational OU Health Supply Chain experience at the local entity for all clinicians they partner with.
- Uses principles of effective leadership to motivate, lead, and inspire others. Leverages strengths-based leadership to give effective, meaningful feedback, develop others, and maximize employee engagement
- Responsible to partner with OU Health management to pursue opportunities for reduction of expenses in supplies and service areas for assigned aspects of the supply chain.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Technical or Business Related field preferred.
Experience: 2 or more years of professional work experience required. 4 or more years of experience in inventory control or project management role preferred.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
License(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required: None required. Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP) through American Hospital Association preferred. Lean/Six Sigma or similar process improvement program is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using metrics to drive decisions and working with external vendors.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Supply Chain functional area.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical skills
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to solve complex problems effectively and manage multiple high priority deliverables.
- Organization–proactively prioritize needs and effectively manages resources.
- Ability to foster vendor relationships that will drive toward a successful partnership
- Proven skills in communicating with technical staff and customers
- Strong leadership, facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to lead successful teams of individuals, motivate project participants, and communicate effectively at all levels across the system.
- Must understand supply chain requirements in healthcare environments with multiple logistical concerns and issues.
- Must know the inventory and distribution software capabilities of the MMIS.
- Proficiency with the MS-Office suite of products, Outlook, and MMIS.
- Able to rapidly summarize information and present to others
Current OU Health Employees - Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.