Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Research (Non-Faculty Only)
Center for Comparative Research-Manager
Main Campus Jackson
Animal Lab Technician I - Center for Comparative Research - FT
To assist in providing specialized animal husbandry services for animals in biomedical research consistent with applicable federal regulations and guidelines. To maintain sanitation of laboratory equipment and supplies and to document and maintain applicable records.
Education & Experience
High school diploma/GED.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures. Skill in caring for animals, interpersonal skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills. Ability to operate sanitation equipment such as cage washer and floor scrubber.
- Provides basic daily husbandry of laboratory animals to include observation of animals, handling and restraint, feeding and watering, changing cages/racks, and sanitizing animal quarters and equipment.
- Operates and/or uses equipment necessary to perform the husbandry duties, such as cage washer; prepares and uses disinfecting and sanitizing solutions.
- Provides daily record keeping for animals and room environments, as well as service records on racks and caging equipment.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires constant exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, constant handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, constant exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, constant bending, constant lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, constant crouching/stooping, constant kneeling, constant pushing/pulling, constant reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, constant twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):