In this role, you will
· Ability to decide priority of assigned tasks and manage multiple and competing tasks.
· Ability to remain calm in difficult and stressful situations. Must be able to recognize problems, evaluate, and refer to the appropriate channels for action.
· Ability to research, organize, analyze, and synthesize data to support effective decision making.
· Ability to work effectively as a team player and work with people of all backgrounds, at all levels.
· Bachelor’s Degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
· Broad and/or in-depth knowledge of multiple areas of focus in application specialty areas.
· Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
· Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology, which also includes Microsoft Office Suite, email, intranet, internet, and other systems.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Oracle / MS SQL database, UNIX Scripting, Crystal Reports, IIS.
· Demonstrated skill in system workflow and business process flow analysis and design.
· Demonstrated technical and functional proficiency with HBS Time and Attendance system.
· Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation.
· Must be detail oriented and have a knack for probing for information, in order to fully understand the underlying needs that influence how a system should be configured/ organized.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively train, support, and work collaboratively with business owners, team members, and management.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to convey technical information to all levels of application users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.