NorDx is a not-for-profit clinical laboratory based in Scarborough. Established in 1976 as the first licensed independent laboratory in Maine and a member of MaineHealth. NorDx has grown to provide comprehensive, dependable, quality laboratory services to hospitals, physicians, long-term care providers, other laboratories and health care organizations throughout Maine and New Hampshire
NorDx is seeking experienced Medical Lab Assistants (MLA) and Phlebotomists to join our quality-driven, patient centered team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our team members whose technical and professional skills set us apart from our competitors.
Represents organization in all patient settings serving as a liaison. Performs key pre-analytical functions such as specimen collection, phlebotomy, specimen processing, and order entry.
- Performs timely and accurate specimen collection, processing and handling.
- Follows all departmental and organizational procedures, policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in achieving departmental and system-wide goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem-solve independently and work as a team.
- Provides excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all laboratory personnel, internal and external customers
- Provides ethical and professional service to all internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend, and travel among company sites as needed
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma/GED.
- License/Certifications: PBT/MLA preferred. Acceptable certification agencies: ASCP, AMT, NHA.
- Experience: Must have technical training as a Phlebotomist (through NorDx Phlebotomy School or equivalent program).
Additional Information MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.