- Position Summary
- The incumbent in this position manages projects designed to advance MaineHealth’s strategic goals. Reporting to the Manager of System and Development, the Project Manager has responsibility for planning, conducting, and/or coordinating work on behalf of system senior executives and cross-system teams. The project manager will be responsible for designing approaches to strategic business efforts, developing a timeline for work and either carrying out project tasks or communicating with others regarding their responsibilities for project-related deliverables. These projects may require collection and analysis of data through surveys or research; overseeing the work of contracted outside parties; conducting qualitative and/or quantitative analysis; preparation of presentations, memoranda or reports, and staffing workgroups, councils or committees charged with carrying out strategic goals.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in multidisciplinary project management related role or Master’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, public health or public policy.
- Exposure to and knowledge of healthcare strategy and operations.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical capabilities.
- Strong research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once and within deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, Microsoft Access and SAS a plus.
- Capability to prepare and deliver oral, written, quantitative, or graphical reports and presentations.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to further the work of groups while also able to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact successfully with a wide range of stakeholders within and outside of the system, including senior leadership, system and hospital administrators, physician leaders, Trustees, and others.
MaineHealth was ranked a Best-In-State Employer in 2021 and one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes!
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.org
At MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org