are seeking a full-time Research Scheduler Supervisor to join our team and
provide administrative, and patient care support through research patient
scheduling the Clinical Research Unit of the Santa Monica Community Practice.
In this role, you will provide oversight and management of the Research
Schedulers in our Santa Monica location. You will also assist in coordinating
patient flow throughout the research process, including scheduling in the
community practices and ancillary departments (i.e. radiology, ophthalmology,
and laboratory). Work as a member of the Clinical Research Unit in conjunction
with the clinic team to provide smooth outpatient flow resulting in optimum
patient satisfaction and clinic operation.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with physicians and staff in a high-volume setting.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments.
• Skill in efficiently and accurately facilitating the appointment making process, including transportation arrangements and maintain sub-specialty physician schedules.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate multiple appointments with staff from many clinical services at the UCLA Medical Center.
• Skill in using a PC with associated programs including Word, Excel and Email.
• Skill in demonstrating work experience with a database computer program.
• Knowledge of major medical insurance plans and types of coverage provided.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Working knowledge of Epic EMR, including appointment scheduling, procedure scheduling, the encounter registrations, including appointment scheduling, procedure scheduling, the encounter registration system, hospital lab results and medical reports.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.