In this position, you will provide direct support to the physicians and patients for assigned physicians. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- acting as a liaison for the patients and physicians in the practice
- assisting patients in accessing service within the health system
- facilitating communication with referring physicians
- referring patients to appropriate resources
- providing follow-up through telephone and EPIC/Care Connect
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
- Ability to establish and maintain and productive working relationships with Faculty, Staff, Administration and patients from various social, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to creatively integrate competing demands into a productive working environment.
- Skill in verbal communications to clearly convey complex problems in both formal and informal situations.
- Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically with a patient population in varying degrees of health
- Knowledge of specific specialty practice and workflows
- Working knowledge of patient related policies and procedures as well as a thorough understanding of the University system and it services and programs.
- Knowledge of hospital computer system, and personal computer systems and the various software products to perform administrative work.
- Familiarity and knowledge of authorization process & managed care programs
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.