Take on a significant leadership role within a world-class health system. Help advance medical excellence and compassionate patient care. Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
We’re looking to you to oversee the daily operations and staff management of our MS Achievement Center, which serves as a unique wellness program for individuals with multiple sclerosis. Your position will also involve collaborating closely with the National MS Society in the development and implementation of Core and new programs. You will:
· Determine staffing and budget needs
· Plan, assign and evaluate work assignments
· Hire, train, discipline, evaluate and supervise employees
· Plan, develop and direct comprehensive long-term projects
· Support National MS Society in marketing the Center
You will also coordinate resources within and outside the Department and the Medical Center to provide a wide range of group wellness activities.
We’re seeking a highly motivated, forward-thinking leader with:
· Extensive experience in MS and neuro-rehabilitation
· Knowledge of physical, emotional and social needs of individuals with multiple sclerosis
· Familiarity with government/community programs and resources for the MS population
· Strong supervisory, communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational and collaborative skills
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office
· In-depth knowledge of neuroanatomy, physiology and neuropharmacology
· Knowledge of clinical research principles, designs, and methodologies/tools
· Expertise in obtaining clinical history and performing physical examinations of neurologically impaired individuals
· Ability to perform well in stressful, crisis and emergency situations
· Current RN license and advanced health-related degree highly desirable
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.