You will assist with behavioral and neural recording experiments on animals. This will involve inspection of data and problem-solving to improve experimental design and/or data collection methods. You will also assist in the preparation of those animals for experiments, involving surgical assistance as well as preparation and testing of specialized equipment for those procedures. You will also manage the stock of specialized laboratory supplies for these experiments
1. Skilled in use of standard biological laboratory equipment and routines including precise pipetting, weighing, and careful and appropriate handling of samples,
sections and specimens.
2. Substantial experience in working with recipes and biological chemicals.
3. Experience in microscopy, photography and computer skills.
4. Proficient writing and editing skills
5. Highly organized and reliable
6. Ability to prioritize work; communication skills to speak clearly and distinctly;
7. Ability to work in a fast paced environment; maintain positive working relationships with staff and faculty; ability to work independently.
8. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
9. Communicate clearly in e-mail.
10. Communicate clearly orally for telephone calls, presentations and community activities.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.