Play a key role in world class patient care. Continuously elevate the quality of research within an award winning health system. Leverage your expertise to make a life changing difference. At UCLA Health, you can do this and more.
Within the Translational Research Imaging Center (TRIC) of the Department of Radiological Sciences, the Research Associate will provide administrative support to the TRIC Manager and research-based Radiology faculty in the Department. Their primary responsibility will be to assist the TRIC Manager with day-to-day administrative duties and assist investigators in the development of research protocols involving various animal species.
The Research Associate is responsible for:
· Assisting in the Center’s document control process for standard operating procedures/compliance procedures
· Preparing and submitting animal care and use applications to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) biosafety applications to the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
· Providing general office support to Center investigators and staff
· Tracking and maintaining TRIC user training records
· Ability to handle sensitive materials and confidential information with discretion and tact
· Ability to organize and manage large volumes of material in an established system with careful attention to detail
· Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences - preferred
· Demonstrated skill in assessing situations, anticipating problems, gathering information or data, and recommending solutions.
· Demonstrates ability to organize, initiate and work independently to address responsibilities; must have strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
· Detailed knowledge of PC operating systems and all related peripherals, including but not limited to:
o copy/scan/printers, fax, databases, and Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent analytical skills with ability to review detailed work
· Excellent organizational skills that ensure efficient filling of hard and electronic files, maintaining office supplies and office equipment
· Skill in setting priorities to complete work to meet deadlines.
· Working knowledge of scientific terminology and procedural formatting to prepare and edit research protocols, standard operating procedures and correspondence with speed and accuracy and using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.