Under the general supervision of Johnathan Chen, MD, of UCLA Radiological Sciences Proceedings, this senior, scientific writer/copy editor is the primary copy editor for all submissions to the journal for potential publication.
The Senior Editor receives manuscripts for review; corrects grammar, spelling and punctuation errors using the AMA study guide; fact checks all content; assess for plagiarism; and coordinates with authors where necessary. The Senior Editor works as one member of a team that oversees the journal and may assist with developing or revising submission types, providing insights on page layouts and changing or revising the platform that supports the journal.
· Ability to communicate with authors to ensure timely revisions and publications
· Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment
· Ability to learn the e-scholarship website layout, the foundation for the UCLA Radiological Sciences Proceedings.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
o Advanced degree in a science-related background preferred
· Demonstrate in-depth experience with AMA Style guide and language standards
· Demonstrated skill and expertise in developing, implementing and maintaining effective procedures for article management
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey and obtain information
· Ensure that articles have no concerns regarding plagiarism
· Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and staff
· Knowledge of University administrative units and their services, role and responsibilities and ability to contact them appropriately to obtain needed information
· Skill in reviewing manuscript references for applicability
· Skill in utilizing a PC to prepare work using Excel and Microsoft Word
· Translate concepts into a standardized medical vocabulary that is understandable by reviewers from different application domains fields
· Two years of editorial experience - preferred
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.